Wednesday, February 11, 2009

We just don't care...

That's what Chuckie Schumer, the esteemed senior senator for New York thinks. This elite, snobbish man thinks that we as Americans, the "chattering class", don't care about the billions upon billions of dollars that he and his colleagues classify as "our fair share" and they are compelled to spend. I think we do care. There is such a sense of panic around getting the stimulus package in place RIGHT NOW that we are supposed to accept the fact that a great portion of this expenditure WON'T create jobs, WON'T have any short-term affect on the economy, and WON'T turn around the credit crisis in the near future. These things are inconsequential to the like of Mr. Schumer. He knows more than you do about what is best for you. He doesn't think that we can spend the money we earn in a responsible manner. In case you thought this was a lone voice, John Kerry has stated that we shouldn't have the ability to spend our money the way we see fit. States Sen. Kerry: "If you put a tax cut into the hands of a business or family, there's no guarantee that they're going to invest that or invest it in America. They're free to go invest anywhere that they want if they choose to invest." The horror! We as Americans are free to invest our money willy-nilly! My GOD we must put a stop to this! Seriously? These are the people who are in charge of this country now? Referring to us as the "chattering class" who are "free to go invest anywhere that they want"? I don't take too well at being talked down to, and being treated like some kind of a child who doesn't have the good sense to know what to do with the money I earn. No, they are much smarter than I am, so I should just merrily turn over my "patriotic contributions" and meekly walk away, hat in hand, knowing that my superiors are going to do whats best for me. I don't know about you, but I don't think that the course they are charting is heading for calmer seas. I think it is sending us into a perfect storm.

No comments: